Thursday, June 09, 2005

Experimentation...

After taking a workshop with Rayna Gillman on various types of printmaking, I've been playing around with the concept of ink jet tranfers applied to fabric. As the family historian/genealogist, I have many, many old photographs, documents, old letters, even my grandmother's hand-written cook book from which to choose for subject matter.

Today I experimented some more - I'll post photos for you all to see. Two were printed on hand-painted Lutradur fabric, the 3rd is printed on a white on white cotton. At this point, I have no clue how I will proceed with them - although they seem ideal for scrapbooking. But I'm really NOT into scrapbooking so it remains to be seen what will evolve from these little experiments of mine.

I'm still gimping around, but now, at least, I'm not in so much pain that I can't create!

No comments: