Sunday, November 20, 2005

Fiber Revolution at the NE Quilt Museum

Fiber Revolution, one of several fiberart groups that I belong to, had trunk show last weekend for the opening of our exhibition at the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, MA. The show is entitled "Fiber Revolution: A Survey of Styles" and is on display until January 7, 2005.

Here I am holding up one of my earlier art quilts, "Becoming" c2001 10 1/2"w x 41 1/2"h

This one is called "Rising" c2003 20"w x 22"h - in the 204 SAQA show in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Having never participated in a trunk show before, it was wonderful to see how many different approaches were offered by our members during the show. Some brought only new work; one brought her art journal with several pieces to demonstrate the movement from drawing to finished piece; several brought various pieces from series' they are presently working on; and I described and showed the changes in color, style and symbols in my work that marked the movement from clinical depression to good health in my art.
It was a wonderful opportunity for me to meet FR members - we are widely scattered over 5 or more states and do not have regular meetings, as such. Thus meeting one another generally takes place at show openings, such as this one.

Judy Cuddihee, co-pres of Fiber Revolution, with "Opening"
Behind her is a quilt done by Carolyn Lee Vehslage based on gardens of the world.

I'll be visiting family in Vermont for the coming week, so no more news notes for at least one week!

1 comment:

Elle said...

Thanks for sharing! "Becoming" is a nice piece.