Monday, April 28, 2008

A Fun Project



Packing 80+ boxes is physically hard but rather dull work. Day after day, tape the box together, fill it up, label the box, tape it shut, pile it up... And the house is now piles of boxes - both packed and unpacked. Things are sorted/arranged/piled awaiting their own boxes and my available time.

Phone calls and emails are so numerous as to be outright annoying - especially those calls that put one through the mechanical voices with choices that do not include NONE-OF-THE-ABOVE.

Needless to say, I need a diversion every now and then. Creating my collages for Collage Mania II were WONDERFUL diversions. As was painting my old pair of sneakers...
I'm tired of white sneakers - and want dark ones to wear with all of my jeans. So I decided to simply use my acrylic paints and paint my shoes. I had no plan whatever in mind, I just started painting.

First I covered the shoes in dark blue - a mix of ultramarine and burnt sienna.

After painting the shoes, I put the white shoes strings in the brush water and let them absorb the color, then hung them out to dry while continuing on with the white so I could paint lighter shades of blue in various places.

Followed by two shades of blue...

And then a bit of quinacridone burnt orange mixed with a tad of ultramarine blue and painted the final color.

Here they are on my feet.

Is this the next pair??? I'm thinking of red this time...


And today's flower photo - complements of the blooming Lilacs:

No comments: