Saturday, October 03, 2009

Lark Books: 500 Art Quilts

Woodland Walk (c) Pat Dolan 25.5"w x 28"h

I was delighted to learn that my piece "Woodland Walk" has been one of those selected for publication in the upcoming Lark Books 500 Art Quilts. Here is a detail shot of this piece: the trees were stamped on the hand-rusted fabric prior to machine quilting.

This detail highlights the hand-painted (with both Prisma watercolors and Prisma colored pencils) dried leaves with free-motion quilting enhancing the image.

Below is a shot of a dried thistle captured on a recent walk in the woods...

Obviously, I love walking in the woods alone or with company. It's always revitalizing, surprising in some detail or other, and it heightens my own creativity to be among the natural creation all around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting into the 500 Art Quilts book. It is exciting. I too had a piece accepted.

Shawna