Thursday, March 08, 2018

Studio Changes


This is by my computer desk and printer. They sure brighten up this corner!

After my two recent exhibits, about 30 paintings were returned to the house. Finding safe storage for framed pieces is becoming harder to do, since my walls can only hold so many paintings! But I rearranged the wall art and put three boxes of paintings (with bubble wrap between each) downstairs in the sewing studio to store them until I need them for another show.

So here's what is presently hanging in the studio.

Above the drawing/painting table. I have to be careful not to splash my watercolors too far or risk getting spatters on the work!

Over the small bookcase with my paint brush storage.

This is the corner between the sliding door to the porch and the wall of windows facing south.

Over the cabinet next to my desk.

The photos below give you a better idea of the size of my studio (about 11' x 13') and what it actually looks like, aside from the paintings on the walls!
Our King Charles Cavalier (& terrier!) rescue dog, Spunky, often is in the studio. Here's she's waiting for dinner!


As you can see from this last photo, I have yet to return to painting. My shoulder is healing nicely and I plan to begin drawing and painting again within the next week. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: