Thursday, June 16, 2005

Most suggested bringing a focal point to the piece, which I know is desperately needed. Somehow or other, that’s the part that has me stymied. I’ve pinned several different things to the surface of said quilt. None of these options especially stir me into delight, but here is the first trial. Tomorrow I'll post a few more.

A single hand-painted-feather Monarch butterfly with one decent sized violet ostrich (?) feather. I realize that adding 2 things is not smart – odd numbers would be better. But this is the first choice with decorative focal points. Meanwhile, another suggestion was to turn the quilt to the vertical position – so here it is with 2 add-ons and placed vertically:


FF - vertical position - with bindings and 2 potential add-ons.
copyright Pat Dolan

No comments: