Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm QUILTING Again!!!

Oh, happy day! I'm back at the sewing machine and loving it. It's only been a week that I've been too busy to do anything much in the studio, but it seems like an age! I've started quilting "Flames" and this quilt continues to speak very powerfully to me. It speaks to me of choices - options - new ways to see the 'old' and recreate the 'new.' And I love the bright colors against the black.

This quilt nearly twice the size of my usual quilts, so I'm finding it awkward to handle that much 'stuff' both in the machine and on my table. It's not like I haven't made queen sized quilts before, but it's been a long, LONG time! And I'm in no rush to make another anytime soon! Granddaughter #2 has asked for an Irish Chain quilt - actually, she asked me to make it last Thanksgiving and give it to her for Christmas. Well, that did NOT happen. Nor did I make it in time for her July birthday. (Twenty lashes with a wet noodle!) Maybe she'll get it THIS Christmas, who knows? Not I, that's for sure!

Meanwhile, granddaughter #1 is celebrating her 17th birthday today. How is it I can possibly have a 17 year old grandchild?! I guess she comes along with our almost-39-year-old son , her father... and 15 her year old brother, 14 year old sister - and their marvelous mom! Time passes...

There is finally some evidence that the physical therapy is 'working.' Today was the first day I could go for a walk without experiencing muscle sprain, muscle spasm, and limited strength/movement. The internal spiritual work relating to the injuries has taken me just as long to decipher and accomplish as the physical recovery time. Not that I'm done 'recovering' in either arena, but I'm now confident that I will make a complete recovery and actually be better off physically (not to mention spiritually!) than I was before the injury.

As this day ends with cooler temps (just as humid, but not as hot!) and crickets cricking out back, I'm one happy gal. It's been a good summer so far, and I expect it will continue to be so. May yours be wonderful, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogging's burdens may not pay off
I find myself quoted in a Chicago Tribune article on the downsides of blogging .
Good to see an effort like this!

I have a diamonds site/blog. It pretty much covers diamonds related stuff.

Please check it out if you get time.