Saturday, November 18, 2006

Eclectic Quilters Challenge

One of the members of our Eclectic Quilters group, Mary Manahan, brought two gorgeous copper-toned fiber pieces to our last meeting and invited each of us to take a piece of each and to create something using them, along with whatever else from our own stash is required. There are no size, shape or even project type restrictions - total freedom to create whatever comes to each of us. We are to bring our completed projects to our next meeting January 25, 2007!
Here are my two pieces:

The copper piece on the left is stiff organdy or organza, whichever... The marbled piece on the right is marbled hand-made paper. I love the colors and tones - perfect for fall, but for many other things as well. I've pulled out all sorts of coppery toned fabrics, metallics, paints, and such - as seen below. Of course, I will need to have more contrast, but I LOVE the colors!!! And I have yet to begin...

Here are a few leftover photos from my trip to East Windsor a few weeks ago.


The warm, late afternoon sunshine illuminated this oak tree so beautifully that I had to stop my car, turn around and go back to find the tree so I could capture the elusive beauty. Coppery colors indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My little group, Stach aka Greatful Threads, is doing a challenge with a coppery, metallic piece. It will be fun to share our creations.