Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm Back!

We spent Thanksgiving in Vermont again this year - celebrating with our son, his wife, their three children (girl, 18 + freshman in college; boy almost 17 + junior in HS; girl 15, sophomore in HS) and their two foreign exchange students (an almost 17 year old boy from Brazil and a 17 year old girl from Viet Nam). The weather was cooperative, considering most of the east coast suffered from a nasty Nor'easter. The tables were full of all sorts of goodies - the huge turkey, mashed potatoes with chopped hard eggs and lots of cheddar cheese, several veggies, cranberry sauce, plus 9 pies in 7 flavors! Did we gain weight? Probably. Was it worth it? Absolutely!

Alas and alack, I accidentally deleted all the photos from our trip. Believe you/me, I hope I never ever do that again!!! I'm really bummed about it - it was my last opportunity to photograph all 5 of the kids together... Sure hope they catch some at Christmas, prior to Felipe's return to Brazil. Their new Brazilian boy will be arriving in January for a year.

But I did manage to get a couple of photos of Michelle, a Philly U student in fashion design. We had her overnight (the night I deleted all the photos...) before we returned her to school. Here she is modeling the collar and cuff she had to create for design class. Permission was granted to post the photo!

And here is the Philly skyline as seen from the Walt Whitman bridge coming from NJ into town. Michelle took these from the car while I was driving.

The above is the authentic version. Below is the "enhanced" version, with the smog diminished a tad with the help of Photoshop!

No comments: