Saturday, March 03, 2007

March, the Full Moon, and More...




Tonight we'll have an eclipse of the moon - these are photos of the moon last night, nearly full, voluptuous, and very, very feminine. The symbolism of eclipse of the moon might possibly involve "exposing" the dark side of feminine energy... Food for thought - how am I using my feminine energy? Am I using it fully balanced and in harmony with my masculine energy? Am I misusing, abusing, or not using my feminine energies at all? If so, why might that be so???? Questions of the night for those interested in symbolism...

Below are images of some of my 2005 and 2006 Journal Quilts that have been framed in 11" x 14" frames for my upcoming one-woman art show at the Monmouth County Library Headquarters in Manalapan, NJ. Final set up is Monday... I'll post photos of the show next week.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...the moon, the eclipse! No wonder I was so drawn to the beautous white crystal orb last night. After Qi Gong class, I felt a pull to look up at the sky and saw her, so full. Again, I thought of the Judy Collins' song, The Moon's a Harsh Mistress. Is she?

The balance of masculine and feminine energy is often addressed in Qi Gong class, as we learn the mudras (movements).

How can we balance masculine and feminine energy in our world? For me, it takes much work, attention and intention. Although I am rather grounded, I remain connected to the metaphysical as well as the physical.

Anonymous said...

=] we saw the eclipse on the way to JD and Lucas's soccer game. I remember in 7th grade, during our Peter Pan matinee there was an eclipse, and half the cast was out watching out when we weren't on stage. it was freezing !!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone posted your blog on QuiltArt so I could see your show. wonderful! I'm sure it is so much better in person.
I'm interested in how you framed your journal quilts in this post. Did you use any kind of spacer or are they mounted right up against the glass? I'm framing some postcards and they would do very nicely this way.
TIA for your time.

Pat Dolan said...

Hi, Lynne -

You can see a framing tutorial here:
http://patsartjournal.blogspot.com/2007/01/
framing-step-by-step-tutorial.html

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful photographer! Can't wait to see your blog after you return from the Emerald Isles...and anticipate some amazing fiber art!--Eleanor Levie