Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Collage Mania Contributions

This year, as for the past three years, I'm donating original art to Virginia Speigle's Fiberart for a Cause fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Each piece measures 5x7 inches, is edged in zigzag stitching, and is mounted on a piece of white 8x10" acid free mounting.
NEVERMORE:

RAVEN SQUAWK I:

RAVEN BY THE SEA:


Preview week is April 29th - don't miss it! All donated collages go up for sale on Tuesday, May 5th - actually for a suggested minimum donation to be made directly to ACS. May 5 will be Gold Donor Day; Gold Donor Patrons may choose collages for a minimum donation of $80. Wednesday and Thursday, May 6 & 7th, the collages will be "sold" for a minimum donation of $40.00. First come, first served. As of today, 126 artists have pledged a collage (or up to 10 collages per artist) so there will be many pieces of fiberart to choose from! For a list of participating artists, go here.

If you'd like to see how each of these donations was created, go back to my early February 2009 entries of this blog for photos and descriptions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both you and the American Cancer Society do great work, Pat.

Linda Branch Dunn said...

I like them all. Were you inspired by Edgar Allen Poe's birthday, or do you just like the look of the bird?

Linda Branch Dunn said...

O! I scrolled down further: there's the answer! I had no idea they were embroideries. They look like prints. They are marvelous. I'm sure they will sail/sale away!