Friday, November 13, 2009

Photos from a Quick Trip to NJ - mostly PA landscapes!

Above, the private marina for the Molly Pitcher Inn
Below: we're guessing this was the original sign for the now very prestigious inn.

Views of the Navasink River in Red Bank, NJ from the Molly Pitcher Inn.

Above & below: some of the McMansions on the river - one of them could be Bon Jovi's...or not. Bruce Springstien lives inland in Colts Neck so these aren't his!

And on to Pennsylvania...

The Susquehanna River north of Harrisburg:
Above: the Juniata River, northwest of Harrisburg.

Above: a sun dog glowing as we headed up the mountains westward towards home.

The Boalsburg Steer - atop Kelly's Restaurant. This is a vivid milestone for everyone in Centre County! To us, it means we're almost home...

And finally, sunset as seen from our front yard.


Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

Love your photos of rural PA, Pat! I grew up in Pittsburgh, and they made me homesick. I've not lived in PA since I graduated from college, and have seldom been back because I no longer have family there. I'm going to send my mom a link to your blog, too... I think she'll enjoy it as well. Thanks!

Ellie said...

Well, now here is a comment from Mom! Susan suggested I look at your blog photos, and they are truly wonderful. We consider ourselves Pennsylvanians,too, but haven't lived there in a long time. I will continue to look for more of your photos, though, as with Susan, they made me very homesick!

TheaM said...

Hi Pat!
I used to live within walking distance of the BULL - Boalsburg has not changed much since I left in '85 - we were back for a visit in Dec.
Still miss Central PA!