Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Birds, Birds, BIRDS!

Downy Woodpecker (male)

I like to watch the birds, summer/winter/spring & fall. Winter bird watching is definitely one of my favorite winter pastimes. I keep a point-and-shoot camera in my pocket all the time with the fond hopes of catching a great photo-op. With the twins, photo ops happen all the time. With birds, photo ops are rare & treasured.

Nuthatch

White-throated Sparrow

Here are a few of my recent photo ops of winter birds that make me happy to be alive, aware, and carrying my camera. These are taken from our kitchen windows.

Male Cardinal

Carolina Wren

Male Cardinal

Carolina Wren

Chickadee

Mourning Dove

Dark-eyed Junco

The one below is a recent acrylic painting of a group of Goldfinch on a wire. It measures 40" square and hangs above my bed.

I'm planning an entire series of bird portraits paintings in acrylics on 12" x 12" canvas as my 2014 art project of the year. Watch for more in the coming weeks/months.



No comments: