Friday, March 18, 2016

The Newest Bird Portraits

My painting was halted for much of the month, between the sprained ankle and opposite twisted knee! I couldn't stand and had to keep my feet up to reduce the swelling and speed up the healing. When I finally was mobile once again, I was behind in everything, of course. So I've been trying to volunteer at CentrePeace, Inc. an extra day per week - especially since we have so many snow bird volunteers who have flown off to Florida!

Today, I finally had a whole day off. I didn't even turn on the computer until after I'd been painting for a few hours! I'm getting proud of myself when I avoid Facebook and Pinterest in favor of painting!

Rose-breasted Woodpecker (c) Pat Dolan 2016

Eastern Blue Jay (c) Pat Dolan 2016

So two more bird portraits are now completed (above), and I spend the afternoon working on two more new ones (below).

Blue Bird on my porch

Yellow-Shafted Flicker

I'm appropriately tired of being on my feet all day, but am happy with all the work I did today!

No comments: