Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Watercolors from the Distant Past...

Recently, we sent all of our slides and video tapes off to SouthTree to be made into digital images. The first box of old slides arrived last week - there were 150+ slides of my art work done between 1978-1989. I had totally forgotten about having done quite a few of them. Others stood out in my mind as great pieces that also sold at the first art show where they were shown.

So here is a sampling of some of my really OLD art - which will serve as a preface to the watercolors are am now returning to doing since I am no longer able to sew on the sewing machine due to severe shoulder problems.

The first batch are from the early part of the 1980's. I was also a beginning quilter at that time and went to quilt shows as a vendor and sold my watercolors of quilts, lace, kittens, flowers, and other nostalgic subjects. All of these paintings were sold prior to our 1990 move from Athens, PA to Freehold, NJ.


Here are some of the later paintings - the style has loosened up a bit, which I like a lot. My current practice pieces are also looser in style.


And here are some of the commissions that I completed in the latter part of the 1980's.




I hope you enjoy my little trip down memory lane!

No comments: