Sunday, September 17, 2017

Capturing Children's Faces in Watercolor


Daniel and Rebecca - They are shown here with 12"x16" mats - watercolor - 2017 - Pat Dolan

Here are my representations of twin grandchildren of one of my dear friends. I've been watching them grow up via Facebook and when I saw the photos used for these portraits, I immediately saved the photos as future reference for these watercolor paintings. The photos are used with permission, of course, granted some time ago!

I forgot to take very many "in progress" photos of Daniel's portrait. Sorry about that!

Daniel - The completed watercolor - without the matting.

Here is the first photo of the "in progress" for Rebecca's portrait.

Stages 2 and 3 below:

And the completed portrait here, without a mat.
Rebecca - 2017 - watercolor - Pat Dolan

It was great fun playing to capture the expressions of these two little toddlers - both seemingly deep in thought. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did painting them!

No comments: