Saturday, March 17, 2018

Painting Bluebirds


Looking Up - Pat Dolan - watercolor - 7"x10" - 2018


Above: a couple of bluebird drawings awaiting the paint and brush...

Below: Chosen watercolors for the Bluebird paintings


Looking Up - early - before adding background and other details. Completed painting is at the top of post.

It's been nearly 3 months since I've done any watercolor paintings... thus I'm practicing doing a few small pieces just to get back into the swing of mixing paints, handling the various brushes, using lots of water, and yet adding enough detail to create a representative piece. These few paintings are nothing remarkable and are obviously practice pieces. But I'm happy to be back in the studio doing what I truly enjoy! I'm rusty today, but will get up to speed with more practice!

Above: three more drawing ready to go

Bluebird #1 - without background

Bluebird #1 - Pat Dolan - watercolor - 5.5"x8" - 2018

No comments: