Thursday, October 19, 2006

Autumn Photos - And Rusty Stuff...


I've been out and about this week, wandering, driving, walking and taking pictures.




Some things catch your eye and you simply must stop and notice them. I've been fascinated with the idea of dying fabric with rust and had already decided to do it when the following two scenes stopped me in my tracks to take the time to enjoy them in their own rustic beauty.


By the way, there are 5 or 6 pots of rusty stuff wrapped in various cottons soaking in vinegar and water sitting out on our deck. I hope the contents are happily rusting away and leaving permanent stains on the fabric. I've got several ideas as to how to use the prepared fabric, once it's dyed to the intensity I'd like. The anticipation is half the fun, but I think the actual playing with the 'new' fabric will be even more fun!

No comments: