Saturday, November 24, 2018

November Ice Storm in Central PA



I was out to volunteer my time at the Bellefonte Art Museum today, so had the chance to take some glorious wintry photos of our ice storm. Fortunately for me, the streets were fairly decent to drive on. The sidewalks, however, were NOT ideal! I remembered (but only as I was leaving the museum) that I had salt in the trunk of the car. I'm a Minnesota native. We always prepare for bad weather when the first snow storm is on the horizon. And that storm was over a week ago - all 10" of it! So I salted the museum sidewalk and steps to the front door. We had quite a few visitors today - most participating in the Bellefonte Scavenger Hunt!

Here are a few of the photos I took while at the museum and on my way home. Enjoy!


Our ornamental cherry tree encased in ice.

Below, I went to the top of Valentine Hill to take these shots. It was spectacular!


Various weeds encased in ice creating a winter wonderland!


Valentine Hill Road

Below are various shots from Paradise Hill where our development is located.

Sunset, such as it was, after the ice. The rain kept falling as temps were hovering around 34 degrees.


So, surely winter is here, although it has a few days before officially arriving! But we've had snow in abundance already! The first photo below is our home just before the big (10"+) snow storm.



And our Spunky, after she dried off from rolling in the snow - her favorite winter passtime!

Happy Winter! Happy preparations for the upcoming Christmas season and various other holidays!

No comments: