Tuesday, September 29, 2020

An Unusually Eclectic Studio Tour



Above, acrylic on canvas, watercolor, and acrylic on a drum. 

There are times when I look around the studio and am surprised by the sameness of my work that hangs on the walls. 

And there are other times, like today, when I look around and think to myself,  "My goodness, what an odd collection of media and style of working!"


Below, silver foiling, painted silk mandala, memory collage, watercolor birds, and acrylic birds.


Above, a feather collection, library, art & craft supplies, plus two watercolors and a fabric collage.

Below, acrylic baby crow, gold foiling on black canvas, and a watercolor cat.



Above, two watercolors and a fabric African theme collage on black canvas.


As long as the Nasturtiums are blooming, there is at least one (if not more) little bouquets of them in the house - and often on my desk.


Above, the desk side - which has a large opening to the front entry hall of the house. The studio is in the "sun room" of our quad home, and the light from here fills the entryway, when the front door is closed. We keep it open a lot, just to let more light in.


My art table, relatively clean at the moment. Lots of stuff under it - pastels, colored pencils, other drawing supplies, and meal worms for the Bluebirds. I order them in bulk, as it more economical that way.


The sliding door leads to the covered porch, where I spend most mornings drinking my hot tea and swinging while watching the birds who stop to visit.

Below, I'm sitting on the wicker porch swing enjoying my morning tea.


And a few more nasturtium bouquets for fun & color!



Hope you enjoyed a little visual tour of my creating space. I love the light in this room - it really helps, especially in winter and on dark, gloomy days, to remain more cheerful and creative! Nasturtiums help, too!

1 comment:

Kevan Lunney said...

oh what a lovely ideal spot to create! Thanks for sharing. I wish I could walk nextdoor and join you for a chat and tea.