Sunday, July 04, 2021

Happy 4th of July, 2021!

 


I hope everyone is enjoying this birthday to the best of their ability. We've been relaxing here and walking the dog peacefully before the fireworks get started in earnest. He'll not go out then, for sure!

Here is Charlie this week - wearing his "summer cut" so he'll be able to endure the heat. He still thinks he's a lap dog, despite having gotten much bigger over the 8 months that we've had him in the family!

Puppy cut in the upper two photos and 5 weeks since cut below!

The warm spring and early summer has brought an abundance of flowers to our yard. Here's a selection of some of the better photos of the past few months outside.








I guess there's an obvious color scheme appearing here, however I never consciously planned it that way! The Nasturtiums are just beginning to bloom - so their orange color will arrive in another blog later in the month!

I've also been painting with some serious intention. I'm scheduled to have a show at the Bellefonte Art Museum in one of their gallery spaces throughout the month of October this year. So I've been doing a series of primarily song birds to exhibit along with some of my older pieces (acrylic paintings of ravens, in particular and possibly one of goldfinch).  It takes some time to get everything framed up, labeled, photographed, etc. prior to any show, so I'm putting in the time required!

Here are a few that I've completed in the past month or so.

Female Baltimore Oriole collecting nesting materials 
from my flower basket on the porch.
Male Oriole in flight above and below, perching on a branch.
And the paintings prior to framing. 
On the left, a Wood Thrush, and below him, a Pine Warbler that hit one of my windows, was unconscious so I did blow in her mouth to resuscitate her, then put her on the feeder to let her catch her balance and grab a bit to eat.

And now for pure enjoyment sake, here are some photos of our area that show just how much beauty abounds around us.





May you all stay safe and well as the summer provides us with abundance!




No comments: