Monday, March 25, 2024

Painting At last!


Good afternoon from central Pennsylvania. We have a delightfully sunny spring day here, but no promises for tomorrow's skies!


I've finally returned to the studio to paint some of the many things I've drawn up and are waiting for my attention. A few foxes ( I did one for my younger sister at her request - that's above), a few birds, and some flowers, too. I generally start with the background on some of the larger works. But it's hard to visualize what the end result will be. Oh well, I'll make it all work out somehow! Here I thought I'd have lots of time to paint, now that our granddaughter and her delightful twin daughters have found their own place and have moved to it, a mere 2 miles away.  

Why is it that when we get older, everything seems to take so much longer to do that before? And why does my hair keep getting thinner by the month? And why is it that my fingers are warping in new, somewhat fascinating ways to make typing on my iPhone so difficult? Twisted fingers will do that - but who knew???

Anyway, between various weather types from rainy, windy, cold, snow, sleet and grapple, spring is making some headway. The early flowers have blossomed, much to my delight. 





 Not the trillium, which I'm painting from a photo of my sister's garden. Our grandfather always had white trillium on the shady side of the house, along with wood violets (yellow), and a few other precious woodland plants that he planted back in the 1930's, before it was illegal to do so. My sis just took some from our folks garden, which came from Pop's garden, and there you have it. I love them and hope I can do them justice. Also working on some blue violets in a glass jar. Spring is here, no matter what the weather does or doesn't do!

Pop's trillium transplanted a few times.

Happy spring everyone!







 

No comments: