Sunday, October 24, 2010

Round Barn near Boalsburg, PA


This round barn, known as the Neff Round Barn, celebrated its centennial last weekend. I took photos a few days prior knowing that highway 45 would be jam packed on the day of the open house. While I missed seeing the inside of the barn, which looks beautiful according to the Centre Daily Times, I did avoid the crowds, wait and on-highway parking.

Below is the Neff farm house -and it's a beauty!

A closer look at the house.


By the way, if you're interested, there are snowy photos of this landmark on my blog February 22, 2010 (along with a lot of other wintery vistas).

Of course, there were other things to photograph that day, and since...




Another family farm on PA Rte. 45 north of Boalsburg.

And a close-up of the barn.


And, since we have not yet experienced a frost, here are todays nasturtiums.







And just a few more photos to share!









And finally, here's Spunky enjoying the autumn.

1 comment:

TheaMinPA said...

what a lovely picture visit you provide - I miss Boalsburg and the State College area - especially in the Autumn - but I sure don't miss those winters!
thanks, Pat!