Monday, December 09, 2019

Time for a NEW Adventure! Pan Pastels!


Here we have the Pan Pastel Portrait set along with 3 other colors - plus what they look like on Canson MiTense drab gray paper. I've a portrait to complete within a month, and want to use pastels to capture the serenity as well as the lively spirited individual. This medium, combined with stick pastels and/or colored pencils, may be perfect for the task!

Of course, now I must learn how to handle a new medium... and figure out what kind of paper surface is best to work on to bring forth the portrait in the best possible way. Nothing like a challenge - especially at a busy time of year!!!


Meanwhile, I stopped by the Bellefonte Art Museum and photographed one of the several delightfully decorated trees gracing their exterior window display. I especially love the naturally decorated one - and would love to move it right into my living room for the foreseeable future! I do have lots of feathers, milk weed pods, etc., but not enough to decorate a large tree! So I'm enjoying this one and sharing it here for others to delight it!


May your holiday season be one of joy and appreciation of all that is.


No comments: